When your daughter turns 16, suddenly you are faced with a new set of challenges, such as driving, dating and the inevitable Sweet Sixteen Party. Before scheduling the party, you may want to check with your insurance agent to make sure your homeowner’s policy is current and includes the financial protection you need in the event of accidental damage. It is also important to make it clear to your daughter that you will be present at the party to insure no alcohol is brought in, no teenagers are alone in secluded parts of the house, and no dangerous activities are taking place.
Once the rules are established, you may want to brainstorm for creative party ideas.
• A karaoke party in the rec room or on the deck may be inexpensive and produce lots of laughs.
• Should you have a pool, a luau may be nice.
• A mystery dinner theater may be more expensive, but quite enjoyable.
• If you have room, a masquerade ball may be a less expensive idea, especially when the party goers make their own masks and a prize is awarded to the best one.
• Having the party at a spa with massages, pedicures and makeovers may be fun for an all-girl party. It might also save you from stained carpets or sofas, or smashed glasses and plates, at home.
Creative ideas for Sweet Sixteen Parties are virtually limitless, particularly when the teenagers get involved with the planning. It is a tremendous milestone in your daughter’s life.
It may wise to make sure you take the right safety precautions to protect your daughter and her guests, as well as have the right home insurance coverage in place in the event of accidents or damage to your home. If you’re located in Dallas, you’re welcome to call us for more information or to arrange insurance quotes.